Monday, October 18, 2010

Moab Golf

This past weekend was the 4-man, 4-woman team annual event. Every club in Utah can send as many 4-person teams as they want to pay for. Most only send one but a few send more. This year we had more than previous years and it was nice to see 4 woman's teams. I wish there were more (because they are laid back and not as agressive as the men) but we will take what we can. This is a U.G.A. sponsored event. Sherm Hatfield and I drove down on Friday and played a round prior to the two day tournament on Saturday & Sunday. Stu Gold was low medalists. He shot a 69, 67 for a 136 total score. Great golfing.

Sherm and I had only one incident on the way home. I must have been in a hurry and tried to pass a semi and did not see the truck coming the other way. Yes, my life flashed before my eyes. Needless to say, I slowed down the rest of the way home and let the other idiot's (which there were quite a few) try and pass everything and pass even though there was a double yellow line. A bunch of nuts out there.
 Ladies on hole #5

 Hole number 6


Stu Gold putting out on hole #5


Corey Carter (white shirt) on hole #3



An icon east of the golf course. Gun site!

Ladies on hole #14

 Thomas Pagel (left) and Sherm Hatfield (right) in parking lot of golf course.

No comments:

Post a Comment