I wished I could have taken my family and my extended family but it seems that their lives are too busy right now. They will just have to settle for pictures while I see the world and relax. Ken Cluff and I decided to head to Log Canyon down between Nephi and Fountain Green to see the fall colors. The colors were not as pretty as in past years and the dust was twice as bad but it was a nice ride and we enjoyed the cool mountain air.
We headed south to Log Canyon and then took a short cut up the mountain. It was a fun ride but required utility ATV's (we could have taken the road but that's no fun). We didn't need 4x4 but in bad weather, I would not take this trail. We stopped at the top of Log Canyon so I could place a cache and check on a few others. Ken decided to take a power nap while I played.
We both took a few pics from this location.
We proceeded to Maple Canyon (one of 3 in Utah) and had lunch, then took the trail back to Log Canyon and the truck. We met a few people from South Orem and they told us they had started at Log Canyon as well but then went over to Wales, Manti (had lunch), Maple Canyon and back to Log. About a 65 to 75 mile round trip. The weather was in the mid 70's and perfect for a good ride.
Below is the entrance to Maple Canyon from the south end. Every rock crawler in the world knows about this place. We talked to the camp host and she mentioned that this past summer they had people from Italy, Africa, Japan, Russia, etc. There were several hikers there when we went by looking for a place to have lunch.
Number 6 campground
Road looking north out of camp area.
Rocks above the camp ground.
Looking down into Maple Canyon from the north. The fall colors were not as pretty this year. We did run into several people going up and down this trail (road). I would not have taken a truck up this trail but I guess some people don't care if they scrape or damage vehicles. We could not believe there were two trailers up on top. We don't know if they came from Log Canyon or Maple Canyon. Its a tough climb either way (where they were) but worse going up Maple.
I think next time Ken and I go, we are going to drag additional friends. I would love to take my family or my extended family.
















No comments:
Post a Comment