Ron Adams called me last Thursday (Sept 2) and asked if I wanted to go camping in the Little Moab area with him, his parents, Dave Dibble, Sandy Harward and others. I told him yes but first I was taking a ride to Teat Mountain with Ken Cluff. They were going to leave about 6:00 PM that evening. After my ride, I rushed to get the trailer and everything ready. I arrived at the camp about 7:30 PM and quickly set up. I forgot half the stuff I needed to cook with but with everyone's help, I did not starve. But next time I am going to drag my wife along, BYU game or not!
I road ATV's for four solid days and am dead tired today. I am not a 30 year old anymore. But I had a great time. We actually camped up in the pines about 5 miles north of Eureka, UT. It was a very dusty weekend and I was surprised that there were no other campers in the whole area. The whole area of Little Moab and surrounding area was empty of campers except a group who parked almost on top of us. I couldn't believe they could not go somewhere else.
We should have heeded to warning not to ride on Sunday because three ATV's kept having constant flat tires. It made for a very long day. We also (not me) picked pine nuts and had 5 - 6 30lb sacks. I guess some people really like pine nuts. I won't tell you about the toilet I stole. I didn't really steal it, I just moved it closer to camp. Of course, the owner caught me, but was really cool about it. It sure made for good conversation around the camp fire.
Additional pictures are on my facebook account.


No comments:
Post a Comment