Sunday, July 11, 2010

Logan - Preston Trip

Members of the East Bay golf went on their annual golf trip to Birch Creek (Smithfield, UT) and Preston Golf & CC (Preston, ID). There were 16 of us and we had a great time golfing and doing other things. I drove up and Drew went with me. As we were heading up I-15 we got to chatting and commenting about all the big rigs and orange barrels and missed the turn off at Brigham City. Next thing we saw was the turn-off to Tremonton. We pulled over and asked directions to Logan because we did not want to turn around and head back to Brigham City. We were told by locals to take highway 30 over. It was such a beautiful ride and Drew had always heard about this way but never knew where it was. It was pretty and we got to Logan about 10 minutes behind the other players. In fact, it was so nice, Drew and I went home that way instead of going down Sardine Canyon.

We golfed first at Birch Creek, spent the night in Logan and then got up and drove to Preston for a great round of golf. I played out of my head the second day with three birdies the first three holes. Needless to say, I won skins both days. It was really fun to spend time with the East Bay golfers again. Can't wait till next year.


Darin (seated) and Dave W.


Ted & Randy



Drew (blue shirt) & Pat G (I was on this team along with Norm. We won the front 9)


The gang after a good round at Birch Creek.


The last group of the day. John B (pink), Scott D, Dave W & Darin.


No comments:

Post a Comment