Thursday, May 20, 2010

Vernon ATV Ride

I went out to Vernon today with Ken (Loves2ATV) and Ross to ride ATV's and see the area. This was my first time in the area and it was not what I expected. I thought it was just sagebrush and rolling hills. The area is very similar to the Eureka area. There are a lot of places to ride. We stayed out of the high country since there was still snow higher up.
 
We headed east down trail 038 and then to trail 670. It was a great sunny day with just a little wind. As Ross and Ken were deciding which way to go, I was able to take a few pics of the area.





We started heading up trail 670 to the west and then north up the hill. Ross and Ken went right and because I came up late I went left. Bad mistake!!! The pictures do not do this hill justice. I went down it, cleaned up at the bottom (change of clothes) and then could not get back up.


















After a while I decided to head back around the hill and head right at the top instead of left. Since I did not find either Ross or Ken, I decided to have lunch and then search some more.
 Not having any luck after lunch I headed back to the truck and found that they had looked for me for a little while and then went out west of the reservoir in search of new country. We finally hooked up, loaded the ATV's and headed home. All in all it was a good day. A little windy but fun. Too bad it is such a ways out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment