As I reflect back 22 years ago today, it's funny I can still remember what happened
almost every hour of the day. Raylene had contractions for our third child early that morning and I took her to the hospital. After a period of time we were told the baby was not coming yet and to go home and relax. I had a bowling tournament scheduled that day and Ray told me to go ahead and go, nothing would happen.
Ray went to her mothers to relax and take a bath and I headed to SLC for my tournament. I remember the bowling center was just off North Temple Dr. (I think). I was running a little late, so I grabbed my gear and headed to the side door. As I walked through the door it seemed everyone turned to look at me and yelled with one voice, STOP DAVE, turn around and go home, your wife is having a baby. I don't remember much about the ride back to Utah County but do remember going over point of the mountain. I think that was the quickest drive I have ever done from SLC to Provo.
By the time I arrived at the hospital, Rachele Huntsman had been born. She came at 3:03 pm and weighed 6 lbs 13 oz and was 19" long with dark hair. Raylene said that Rachele only took 30 minutes to come instead of the 11 or so hours the twins took. What a bundle of joy. I really believe Ray and I have been truly blessed to have three great kids come into our home and it is so hard to believe that our baby is now 22 years old. Time sure does fly. I love you peanut!
 |
| An all-time favorite picture of Rachele playing hide and seek |
 |
| Christmas 2010 |
 |
| At Grandma's and Grandpa's cabin in Star Valley, WY |
 |
| With Cinnamon (one of our dogs years ago) |
 |
| At Aunt Ardith and Uncle Randy's place in New Mexico |
No comments:
Post a Comment